WE ARE GLAD TO INTRODUCE YOU VENICE TO TASTE, A PANORAMIC FROM THE GRAN RESTAURANTS TO “BACARI”.
GRAN CAFFè QUADRI HISTORY AND GOURMET
It is one of the most ancient and enduring public coffeehouses in Italy since 1775, thanks to the Venetian merchant Giorgio Quadri who, together with his wife Naxina, created a place where to prepare and sell coffee in the form of black boiling water. Giorgio Quadri opened his coffehouse under the Procuratie Vecchie, taking and old store of wine and coffe over already known in the city. Soon his small store became one of the favourite meeting point for the Venetian aristocracy.
In 2001 the Alajmos took the historic Caffè in Piazza San Marco over. They can be proud of Massimiliano, that has been the youngest Italian chef to be awarded with the three Michelin stars, when he was 28 years old.
The menu currently proposes a selection to enhance Venetian food revisited with the creativity of the famous chef.
The new taste itineraries are: Laguna, Laguna Estrazione, Quadri and Quadri Estrazione.
Among all the plates proposed this season we find:
- White and green asparagus with seaweed sauce, dried fish eggs and crispy soy spaghetti
- Fresh cod salad, whipped stockfish with oregano, roasted cherry tomatoes and black olives
- Burrata cheese ravioli
- Black cuttlefish risotto with spring peas and sea urchin
- Venetian horse mackerel alla Milanese with sause
- Steamed lobster, sour potato puree and watercress sauce
- venetian-style chicken livers and chicpea puree with Sarawalk black pepper